Annual Report / 2018
- 10 January 2018: The termination of the activities of Ulba FtorComplex LLC is registered by order of the Department of Justice of Ust-Kamenogorsk, Department of Justice of East Kazakhstan region No. 41.
- 8 February 2018: The Board of Directors of NAC Kazatomprom JSC approves a new development strategy for 2018-2028.
- 2 March 2018: The “Kazatomprom Town Hall: In Lockstep with Time” is held in the city of Shymkent, during which Galymzhan Pirmatov, Chairman of the Board of NAC Kazatomprom JSC, presents NAC Kazatomprom JSC’s strategic priorities for 2018-2028, in line with the new development strategy.
- 7 March 2018: A Memorandum of Understanding is signed by NAC Kazatomprom JSC and a consortium of Japanese companies (EAHL) in Nur-Sultan (Astana), setting out the basic conditions for the parties’ interaction with respect to Baiken-U LLP, Kyzylkum LLP and JV Kharasan-U LLP.
- 4 April 2018: The termination of the activities of Geotechnoservice LLP is registered by Order of the Department of Justice of South Kazakhstan region No. 22.
- 29 June 2018: NAC Kazatomprom JSC sells 100% of its shares in the authorised capital of KAES JSC to Samruk-Kazyna JSC.
- Transition to the target model of personnel management was completed within the transformation programme. The project covers the corporate centre and 6 subsidiaries and affiliates.
- 3 July 2018: NAC Kazatomprom JSC completes the sale of 100% of its shares in MAEK-Kazatomprom LLP to Samruk-Kazyna JSC.
- 1 July 2018: In the corporate centre of NAC Kazatomprom JSC and Kazatomprom-SaUran LLP a single integrated SAP system was put into operation.
- 31 July 2018: Transition to new strategic planning and performance management processes completed.
- 29 August 2018: Extraordinary General Meeting of the shareholders in Ulba-Konversia LLP approves the voluntary liquidation of the legal entity. The liquidation committee also approves decisions on the procedure for and terms of liquidation.
- 3 September 2018: NAC Kazatomprom JSC signs an agreement with EAHL, under which, and under a number of specific conditions, to buy 40.05% of Energy Asia (BVI) Limited (owner of 95% of shares in the authorised capital of Baiken-U LLP and 40% of shares in the authorised capital of Kyzylkum LLP) and 16.02% of shares in the authorised capital of JV Kharasan-U LLP.
- 28 September 2018: NAC Kazatomprom JSC enters into an agreement to sell its 76% stake in the authorised capital of Kyzyltu LLP for KZT 3,834,000,000. The buyer is Stepnogorsk Mining-Chemical Complex LLP.
- In September 2018, NAC Kazatomprom JSC became a Vision Zero partner.
- Implementation of the SAP ERP project (enterprise resource management system) at TTK LLP was launched under the Transformation programme.
- 24 September 2018: NAC Kazatomprom approved a Transformation programme roadmap for 2017-2018.
- The Board of Directors of NAC Kazatomprom JSC approved the Code of Ethics and Compliance.
- 12 October 2018: NAC Kazatomprom JSC signs an agreement to sell its 100% stake in the share capital of Sareco LLP. The buyer is NMC Tau-Ken Samruk JSC.
- Transition to the target model of integrated security was completed within the transformation programme. The project covers the corporate centre and 6 subsidiaries and affiliates.
- 15 October 2018: The integrated planning system has been put into commercial operation at the first-tier enterprises.
- The Company listed its shares and global depository receipts (GDRs) on LSE and Astana International Exchange (AIX).
- The first stage of automated processes implementation in accordance with the target IT management model within the transformation programme implementation plan has been completed.
- 7 December 2018: the General Meeting of Shareholders of Kazatomprom-Damu LLP approves the voluntary liquidation of the legal entity.
- 13 December 2018: NAC Kazatomprom JSC completes a transaction to acquire 40.05% of the shares of Energy Asia (BVI) Limited (EAL) and 16.02% of shares in the authorised capital of JV Kharasan-U LLP. Consequently, the Company’s stake in Baiken-U LLP increases from 5% to 52.5% (5% direct participation and 47.5% indirectly through EAL), its stake in Kyzylkum LLP increases from 30% to 50% (30% direct participation and 20% indirectly through EAL) and its stake in JV Kharasan-U LLP increases from 33.98% to 50% (direct participation).
- 21 December 2018: The termination of the activities of Betpak-Dala LLP is registered by Order of the Department of Justice of Turkestan Region No. 208.
- 28 December 2018: Kazatomprom and Cameco Corporation entered into an Agreement under which Kazatomprom will receive by 2020 (upon receipt of necessary permits from state bodies) the right to use refining and uranium conversion technologies. This would allow Kazatomprom to proceed with assessment of the economic feasibility of such technologies application in the Republic of Kazakhstan, subject to favourable market conditions.
- December 2018: The first 30 students — 20 of whom are employees of the subsidiaries and affiliates of NAC Kazatomprom JSC and 10 of whom are undergraduates not associated with NAC Kazatomprom JSC and its enterprises — graduate from the Master’s degree programmes of the International Scientific and Educational Centre of the Nuclear Industry, founded with KazNRTU named after scientist K.I. Satpaiev.