for the import and export of uranium, rare metals, nuclear fuel for nuclear power plants.
Staff and Social Responsibility
Health and Safety
- 10 January 2018: The termination of the activities of Ulba FtorComplex LLC is registered by order of the Department...
- 8 February 2018: The Board of Directors of NAC Kazatomprom JSC approves a new development strategy for 2018-2028...
- 2 March 2018: The “Kazatomprom Town Hall: In Lockstep with Time” is held in the city of Shymkent, during which...
- 4 April 2018: The termination of the activities of Geotechnoservice LLP is registered by Order of the Department...
- 29 June 2018: NAC Kazatomprom JSC sells 100% of its shares in the authorised capital of KAES JSC to Samruk-Kazyna...
- 3 July 2018: NAC Kazatomprom JSC completes the sale of 100% of its shares in MAEK-Kazatomprom LLP to Samruk-Kazyna...
- 29 August 2018: Extraordinary General Meeting of the shareholders in Ulba-Konversia LLP approves the voluntary...
- 3 September 2018: NAC Kazatomprom JSC signs an agreement with EAHL, under which, and under a number of specific...
- 12 October 2018: NAC Kazatomprom JSC signs an agreement to sell its 100% stake in the share capital of Sareco LLP...
- The Company listed its shares and global depository receipts (GDRs) on LSE and Astana International Exchange...
- 13 December 2018: NAC Kazatomprom JSC completes a transaction to acquire 40.05% of the shares of Energy Asia...
Focus on mining operations as the core business
Continue to pursue a market-centric approach to uranium production, optimizing production, processing and sales volumes based on market conditions
Continue to enhance sales and marketing capabilities and optimise the contracts portfolio
Develop an ethics culture commensurate with an industry leader and continue to improve health, labour and environmental policies in line with global best practices
Maintain global leadership in the uranium mining industry through operational excellence
In November 2018, the Company listed its shares and global depositary receipts (GDRs) on the Astana International Exchange (AIX) and London Stock Exchange (LSE), respectively.
in free float
The successful placement occurred despite vulnerable market conditions characterised by high volatility.
For example, in the second half of 2018 some 17 IPO transactions in the EMEA region were cancelled.
The Company’s IPO attracted significant interest among investors evidenced by the existence of top-tier international investors amongst the Company’s new shareholders.
There are a total 259,356,608 Kazatomprom shares in issue (including those represented by the GDRs), of which 14.92% are in free circulation and the remaining 85.08% are owned by the state-run Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna. The shares and GDRs were listed in November 2018 in connection with the initial public offering (IPO) of Kazatomprom, priced at USD 11.60 per GDR, or the equivalent KZT 4,322.74 per common share, on the day of announcement. Consequently, at the time of the IPO, the Company’s market value (capitalisation) was around USD 3 billion. The value of the placed shares (including those represented by the GDRs) was about USD 450 million.
Share and GDR listings
Astana International Exchange (AIX)KAP
London Stock Exchange (LSE)—
Global depositary receipts (GDRs);
1 GDR corresponds to 1 ordinary share
Astana International Exchange (AIX)KAP.Y
London Stock Exchange (LSE)KAP
Simplify the legal
Implement change management and a project management approach